A Field Technician is a professional who provides on-site end user support, telecom installation, programming, maintenance, and repairs to a wide variety of telecommunications systems, equipment, cabling, and to other related systems and equipment at all locations within the assigned work region. They will work with a variety of telecom systems and hand tools to provision, install, and repair telephones, headsets, and related peripherals in several locations and diverse work environments.
Field technician should act as per client’s requirements, generally they are responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair, and general supervision of telecommunications lines, including telephones, voice mail systems, fax lines, security, Internet, and wireless systems.
- Administer all network services and perform tests on various equipment’s and circuits.
- Monitor all services, identify issues and resolve any problems in equipment’s.
- Design and prepare documents for network and ensure appropriate labelling of all equipment’s.
- Perform maintenance work on networks, initiate tests and perform troubleshot on all outages.
- Manage work according to diagrams and specifications for network.
read more: Field Technician